Here are the answers to some of our most popular questions we are asked.
Do you have a question that was not answered here? Fill out the contact us form to the right or give us a call today!
How do I get started?
First, start by a phone call or by clicking the green “New User Registration” button. From there we can discuss your pet(s) individual needs and we would then set up a consultation at your home. This meeting takes approximately 30 minutes to meet you, your pet(s), learn the routine and get the fine details.
Often we hear people don’t travel because of their pets. Don’t let that stop you. We are here to copy your exact routine even if it involves hand feeding your pup or making certain foodie toppers. We have heard and done almost everything.
Why do I need a professional pet sitter over a friend or neighbor?
For more information on why you should hire a professional check out our blog … https://animaladmiration.com/why-you-should-hire-a-pet-sitter-instead-of-using-a-friend/#more-6644
How does staying home benefit my pet(s)?
- Your pet remains in the comfort of your own home, where all the sights, smells, and sounds are familiar.
- Animals left at home are much less likely to suffer anxiety and stress.
- Your pet is not traumatized by travel in a vehicle.
- Your pet follows his or her customary diet and exercise routine.
- Your pet is not exposed to illness of other animals.
- Most importantly, the pet receives love and personal attention while you are away.
- Walks and plenty of outside time
- Cuddle time and sweet talk
- Playtime, favorite toys and chew treat
- Special dietary needs or preferences
Pets placed in kennels often experience:
- Small, cramped cages
- Loud, continuous barking
- Exposure to illness
- Loss of appetite due to high levels of stress
- Experience a lot of stress – mental and physical
- Constant commotion with numerous employees and upset pets
- A few short periods of outside time
- Not enough one on one attention
While most pets do better in their own home there are some pets who do better in a boarding facitly. If you’re unsure call us today and we can discuss your pet and what may best fit their needs.
What are the extra benefits for me, the human?
- Personalized service for you and your pet(s)
- You are not inconvenienced (or traumatized!) by transporting you pet(s)
- Bonded & Insured
- Last minute emergency service (human hospitalization / crisis)
- Text / Email / Call updates
- Key Program
- Disaster Plans (flooding & hurricanes)
- Easy to use scheduling software allows you to be in charge of the exact visits that show on our schedules
- You do not have to impose on a friend, neighbor or relative
- Your home is more secure as we provide crime deterrent services, such as adjusting blinds, lights, TV, and radio, bringing in mail and removing papers from the driveway.
- You can leave home worry-free, knowing your pet is in good hands.
- You can return home at any hour of the day and find your healthy, happy pet eagerly awaiting your return.
- Little or no stress (for your pet and you)
- Access to call your pet-sitter to check on your pets at anytime
- Your mail, newspapers, and packages will be brought in
- Your plants will be watered
- Peace of mind that your home and pets are being watched over by someone responsible
Full-Service Pet Sitting. One price covers all.
What services do you provide?
We provide a variety of services to help make life a little less stressful for you. Please check out our services page for more detail on services provided.
What type of pets do you care for?
What does it cost to have a pet sitter?
No pet(s) are the same and therefore require different levels of care. We can better quote you a rate after speaking with you and hearing a little about your routine and needs, however, a typical visit usual starts around $22.00. We often debunk the idea that pet sitting is more expensive than boarding. Many of our client’s, especially those with multiple pets, find our services to save them money.
Please also visit our pricing page.
But I have never allowed someone in my home care for my pets?
How do I schedule services?
We use a state of the art scheduling system that allows us to access our daily schedules from our home computers and our smartphones. It also eMails us 2 copies of our schedules during the day so we don’t miss a visit. You have access to go in and request visits (use the existing client booking button) or double check you have reserved certain days. We send a confirmation at the time of scheduling.
How many sits should I schedule for my pet?
What do I need for the consultation?
Do I meet a sitter before I leave?
Is the sitter I meet the sitter who will be in my home?
What if I need to cancel?
We do, however, kindly ask that as soon as you know you don’t need your visits please notify us immediately.
What if something happens to my sitter and I'm already gone?
This is also one of the benefits using a professional pet sitting company vs a trusted neighbor or friend.
How are my keys handled?
When and how do I pay for services?
We accept all major credit cards, cash, and checks.
How much notice is needed when scheduling a pet sitter?
Animal Admiration is noted for flexibility, and we understand that last minute trips are sometimes unavoidable. We will do everything possible to accommodate your needs. We do not charge a last minute booking fee, however, it is strongly suggested to book as far in advance as possible to assure we can service your pet(s).
We require all our bookings to be made online using our secure scheduling system. This ensures no visit can be overlooked or missed.
What do I need to do to prepare to leave?
What does the sitter do during the visit?
What if my pet has an emergency while I'm away?
What should I expect when I return from my trip?
We will leave a note letting you know how your pet(s) did in your absence. We ask when you arrive home, no matter the time, to please call our office 281-391-1015 and inform us you made it back safely. Often times there are delays that may prevent you from getting home on time, please if you know of any delays call and let us know. We may make additional visits if we do not hear that you have arrived home. This is to ensure your pet(s) are always cared for. Those additional visits will be billed to you.